ISLAMABAD, January 12, 2021: The Senate on Tuesday concluded debate on a motion related to the Presidential Ordinance about Sindh and Balochistan islands and the rights guaranteed to the provinces by the Constitution, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
- The Senate met for three hours and 21 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1504 hours against the schedule time of 1500 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire proceedings.
- The Deputy Chairman was not present.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for two hour and 57 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for two hours and 23 minutes.
- Parliamentary leaders of NP and PPPP attended the sitting.
- Twenty-four members (23% of the total membership – 104) were present at the outset and 11 (10%) at the end of sitting.
- Two minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Fifteen lawmakers spoke on a motion under Rule 218 for two hours and 16 minutes which was regarding the Presidential Ordinance related to the Sindh and Balochistan islands and rights guaranteed to the provinces by the Constitution. Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs winded up debate on it and consumed 24 minutes of the proceedings.
- Minister for Communication gave a statement for 33 minutes about political and internal affairs of the country.
Order and Institutionalization
- A PPPP lawmaker spoke on a point of personal explanation for one minute.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on January 15, 2021 (Friday) at 1030 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, March 5, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh left most of its agenda unaddressed and adopted a supplementary resolution on Friday, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, March 5, 2021: The Punjab Assembly witnessed introduction of five government bills on Friday which were referred to the relevant committees for consideration, observes…
ISLAMABAD, March 4, 2021: The National Assembly proceeded for only five minutes on Thursday and was prorogued without taking up any agenda, observes Free and…