ISLAMABAD, October 27, 2017: The Senate unanimously adopted a resolution on Friday to condemn the Indian atrocities in Occupied Kashmir, observes the Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during fifth sitting of the 269th session:
- The Senate met for two hours and 51 minutes.
- The sitting started at its scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Chairman was not present.
- The Leader of the House attended the entire sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for an hour and 52 minutes.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML, PPPP, PkMAP, PTI, MQM and PML-N attended the sitting.
- As many as 12 (11% of the total membership – 104) lawmakers were present at the start and 14 (13%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- Two minority legislators also attended the proceedings.
- Moved by the Leader of the House, the Senate unanimously adopted a resolution to condemn the Indian atrocities and human rights violations in Occupied Kashmir. As many as 20 lawmakers including the Chairman took part in the discussion on the resolution consuming an hour and 22 minutes.
- On behalf of the Chairman Standing Committee on Commerce and Textile Industry, a member of the Committee presented its report on the Marine Insurance Bill, 2017.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Chair admitted an Adjournment Motion regarding financial challenges to the country for discussion during next week.
- The House deferred two Calling Attention Notices (CAN) due to the absence of relevant ministers.
- Ten lawmakers spoke on Points of Public Importance consuming 13 minutes of the proceedings.
- As many as five out of 14 Starred Questions were taken up for answers during the proceedings. In addition, lawmakers asked 11 supplementary questions. The Chair directed the ministers to ensure their attendance during the Question Hour.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the Senate website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
President Arif Alvi highlights indigenous movement of Kashmiris against Indian illegal occupation of the Valley ISLAMABAD, August 5, 2020: The Senate convened a special session…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, July 30, 2020: The Senate passed two Financial Action Task Force (FATF) related bills after incorporating amendments proposed by opposition in the…
ISLAMABAD, July 29, 2020: The Senate transacted its entire agenda on Wednesday and referred two Financial Action Task Force (FATF) related bills to the Standing…