ISLAMABAD, August 21, 2020: The Senate adopted a condolence resolution on the sad demise of chief of National Party Senator Mir Hasil Khan Bizenjo, who breathed his last yesterday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet on Friday.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during the fifth sitting of 302nd session:
- The Senate met for two hours and three minutes.
- The sitting started at the scheduled time of 1030 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire proceedings.
- The Deputy Chairman was not present.
- The Leader of the House did not attend the sitting.
- The Opposition Leader attended the sitting for an hour and 59 minutes.
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 19 lawmakers (18%) were present at the outset and 31 (30%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML-N, ANP, PPPP, MQM, ANP, JUI-F and PTI attended the sitting.
- One out of four minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not take up regular agenda and unanimously adopted a supplementary resolution to condole the death of chief of National Party Senator Mir Hasil Khan Bizenjo. Twenty lawmakers including the Leader of the Opposition highlighted the political career of deceased Senator during condolence reference and spoke for an hour and 52 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- A PPPP lawmaker spoke on a point of order for one minute.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on August 24, 2020 (Monday) at 1700 hours.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 22, 2021: The National Assembly left almost entire agenda unaddressed on Wednesday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on Tuesday and unanimously adopted a resolution to pay tribute to Hazrat Shah Abdul…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The National Assembly left almost two-third agenda unaddressed on private members’ day and referred five legislative proposals to the relevant committees,…