ISLAMABAD, July 17, 2017: The Senate adopted a condolence resolution on the sad demise of PML-N Senator Agha Shehbaz Khan Durrani, who breathed his last a couple of days ago, observes Free and Fair Election Network in its Daily Factsheet on Monday.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during first sitting of 264th Senate session:
- The Senate met for two hours and one minute.
- The sitting started two minutes behind the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman was absent.
- The Leader of the House attended the entire proceedings while the Leader of the Opposition remained in the House for 23 minutes.
- Parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, PML-N, PPPP, MQM, PTI and JI attended the sitting.
- Twenty-two Senators (21% of the total membership) were present at the outset and 20 (19%) at the end of sitting.
- Two minority Senators also attended the proceedings.
- Moved by the Leader of the House, the House adopted a resolution expressing grief and sorrow on the demise of Senator Agha Shehbaz Khan Durrani who died following cardiac arrest on June 25, 2017. As many as 31 Senators, including the Chairman, shared their condolences for an hour and 48 minutes.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on the direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by the Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, October 26, 2020: The Senate passed three private members’ bills on Monday and adopted a resolution to condemn comments of French President Emmanuel Macron…
ISLAMABAD, October 23, 2020: The Senate transacted most of its agenda on Friday and consumed almost one third of the proceedings in points of public…
ISLAMABAD, October 22, 2020: The Senate deferred debate regarding hike in prices of medicines, electricity and basic food items and consumed major part of the…