ISLAMABAD, May 3, 2018: The House of Federation continued debate on a motion to make recommendations to the National Assembly on Finance Bill, 2018, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Thursday.
Following are key observations of the proceedings of 4th sitting of 277th session:
- The Senate met for two hours and 53 minutes.
- The sitting started at the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman was not present.
- The Leader of the House was present for two hours and seven minutes
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the proceedings for two hours and 15 minutes.
- Parliamentary leaders of PML-N, PTI, PPPP, BNP-M and PML-F were present.
- Sixteen members (15% of the total membership) were present at the outset and 14 (13%) at the end of sitting.
- Two minority Senators attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Nine Senators participated in the debate on Finance Bill, 2018 consuming two hours and 23 minutes.
- A privilege motion of PTI lawmaker regarding indecent attitude of policemen with him during VIP movement in Islamabad was referred to the relevant committee.
Order and Institutionalization
- Nine Lawmakers spoke on as many Points of Order regarding baton charge on journalists in Islamabad consuming 17 minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 18, 2020: The Senate transacted its entire agenda on Friday and consumed 43 percent of the proceedings’ time in debate on matters…
ISLAMABAD, September 16, 2020: The Senate transacted its entire agenda on Wednesday and rejected the Anti-Terrorism (Third Amendment) Bill, 2020 with majority vote, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 15, 2020: The Senate referred two FATF-related bills to the relevant committees and debated the motorway gang-rape incident, observes Free and Fair Election…