ISLAMABAD, May 10, 2019: The Senate held discussion on an Adjournment Motion regarding recent increase in the prices of the petroleum products, observes the Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Friday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 11th sitting of 288th session:
- The House met for two hours and 25 minutes.
- The sitting started at the scheduled time of 1030 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman was also present.
- The Leader of the House did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for two hours and 22 minutes.
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 11 lawmakers (10%) were present at the outset and 16 (15%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, JUI-F, ANP, JI, PTI, PPPP and BNP-M attended the sitting.
- Two out of four minority lawmakers were present.
- Convener Special Committee presented the interim report of the committee on a point of public importance regarding theft of precious antiques items from Peshawar Museum.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as four lawmakers participated in the discussion on an Adjournment Motion regarding recent increase in prices of petroleum products. They spoke on it for an hour and 15 minutes.
- The ministers replied to 11 out of 12 Starred Questions while the House referred four of these questions to the relevant committees. Moreover, one question was deferred and lawmakers asked 19 supplementary questions on questions answered in the House.
Order and Institutionalization
- The Chair adjourned the House to meet again on May 13, 2019 (Monday) at 1100 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, June 5, 2020: The 9th session of Sindh Assembly was prorogued on Friday after two days debate on measures to tackle COVID-19, observes…
ISLAMABAD, June 5, 2020: The National Assembly did not take up its regular business on Friday to express condolence over the demise of Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal Pakistan (MMAP) lawmaker…
ISLAMABAD, June 5, 2020: The Senate took up its entire agenda on Friday and adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn violation of human rights in…