ISLAMABAD, January 1, 2021: The Senate on Friday held discussion on the alleged victimization by National Accountability Bureau (NAB) against the opposition workers, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings of second sitting of 305th session requisitioned by the opposition lawmakers:
- The Senate met for two hours and 24 minutes.
- The sitting started at the scheduled time of 1030 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman was also present.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for an hour and 12 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for an hour and 56 minutes.
- Parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, JUI-F, NP and PTI attended the sitting.
- Thirteen members (12% of the total membership – 104) were present at the outset and 20 (19%) at the end of sitting.
- One minority lawmaker attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Tabled by the Leader of the Opposition, the House held discussion on a Motion under Rule 218 regarding alleged victimization by NAB against targeted opposition workers. Eight lawmakers and Minister for Communications spoke on it for two hours and 11 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- An MQM lawmaker spoke on a point of order for one minute.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on January 4, 2021 (Monday) at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, May 17, 2021: The National Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Monday condemning Israeli atrocities against the people of Palestine, says Free and Fair…
Calls for a broader public debate and political discourse on the meaningful electoral reforms to enhance representation and inclusivity ISLAMABAD, May 11, 2021: The Free…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, May 7, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed two government bills and concluded pre-budget discussion, observes Free and Fair Election Network…