ISLAMABAD, September 30, 2016: The Senate discussed the issues of illegal immigration and human trafficking as well as the circular debt, while the ministers replied to all the Starred Questions taken up by the House on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in the Daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during fifth sitting of its 253rd session:
- The Senate met for two hours and nine minutes.
- The sitting started at 1005 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Chairman was not present.
- The Leader of the House attended the entire sitting while the Leader of the Opposition was not present.
- Twelve members (11%) were present at the outset and 28 (27%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of PPPP, PML-N, PTI, PkMAP, BNP-M and PML-F attended the sitting.
- Two minority Senators attended the sitting.
- Chairman Committee on Rules of Procedure and Privileges presented the report of the committee on Motion No. 01(250)/2016-M.
Representation and Responsiveness
- All 10 Starred Questions were taken up and responded to by the relevant ministers during the Question Hour. The lawmakers also asked 25 Supplementary Questions.
- The House took up a Calling Attention Notices regarding circular debt of power sector while another notice regarding electrification schemes was deferred.
- Nine lawmakers took part in discussion on an Adjournment Motion (AM) regarding illegal immigration and human trafficking, consuming 43 minutes of the proceedings.
- The Chair declared two Adjournment Motions inadmissible while another (AM) was dropped on the request of mover.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on five Points of Order, consuming 10 minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The Senate on Friday discussed the role of NAB in accountability process and a motion related to energy crisis and inflation…
ISLAMABAD, January 12, 2021: The Senate on Tuesday concluded debate on a motion related to the Presidential Ordinance about Sindh and Balochistan islands and the…
ISLAMABAD, January 11, 2021: The Senate on Monday discussed the Presidential Ordinance related to the Sindh and Balochistan islands and rights guaranteed to the provinces…