ISLAMABAD, June 10, 2020: The Senate discussed tragic incident of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) plane crash at Karachi, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Wednesday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during third sitting of the 299th session:
- The House met for three hours and 36 minutes.
- The sitting started at its scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman was not present.
- The Leader of the House attended the entire sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for two hours and 22 minutes.
- Fourteen lawmakers (13%) were present at the outset and 13 (12%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of JI, PkMAP, BNP-M, ANP, PPPP and MQM attended the sitting.
- Two out of four minority lawmakers was present.
- Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs presented the Annual Report of the Election Commission of Pakistan for the year, 2019.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Chair clubbed an adjournment motion with a Calling Attention Notice (CAN) regarding tragic incident of PIA plane crash at Karachi. Four lawmakers including the Leader of the Opposition spoke in it for 45 minutes while the Minister for Aviation responded to it.
- The Leader of the House responded to another CAN about delay in construction of Pakistan Consulate in Zahidan city of Iran.
- The Chair admitted an adjournment motion of a PML-N lawmaker about revenue collection during the last fiscal year. The motion would be discussed in any of the next sitting of ongoing budget session.
- The House took up ten out of 21 starred questions while lawmakers asked 21 supplementary questions.
- Sixteen lawmakers spoke on matters of public importance for an hour and six minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- Senators belonging to Balochistan walked out from the proceedings of the House for five minutes as one of their colleagues complained about the attitude of Chairperson Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) with him who wanted to discuss with her about meeting of FBR Policy Board.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 12, 2020 (Friday) at 1700 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2021: The National Assembly continued debate on the federal budget 2021-22 and consumed 95 percent of proceedings’ time on it, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan continued debate on the provincial annual budget for the financial year 2021-2022 amid absence of opposition lawmakers,…
ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2021: The Punjab Assembly adopted three resolutions and deferred question hour due to absence of relevant minister, observes Free and Fair Election…