- Session Prorogued
ISLAMABAD, July 30, 2020: The Senate passed two Financial Action Task Force (FATF) related bills after incorporating amendments proposed by opposition in the meeting of Standing Committee on Law and Justice on Thursday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during the ninth sitting of the 300th session:
- The Senate met for three hours and 31 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1106 hours against the scheduled time of 1100 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the proceedings for an hour and 55 minutes while remaining sitting was chaired by the Deputy Chairman.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for two hours and 56 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for two hours and three minutes.
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 24 lawmakers (23%) were present at the outset and 13 (12%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML-N, MQM, JI, ANP, JUI-F and PPPP attended the sitting.
- Two minority lawmakers were present.
- Chairman Standing Committee on Law and Justice presented reports of Committee on the Anti-Terrorism (Amendment) Bill, 2020 and the United Nations (Security Council) (Amendment) Bill, 2020.
- Moved by Advisor to Prime Minister on Parliamentary Affairs, the House passed the Anti-terrorism (Amendment) Bill, 2020 and the United Nations (Security Council) (Amendment) Bill, 2020. Minister for Foreign Affairs and Leader of the House spoke about these bills for 15 and five minutes respectively.
Order and Institutionalization
- Thirty-one Senators, Minister for Communications and Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs spoke on points of order for two hour and 51 minutes.
- The Session was prorogued sine die.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, August 13, 2020: The Senate on Thursday referred five government bills to the relevant committees, which were related to the Financial Action Task Force…
ISLAMABAD, August 12, 2020: The 24th session of Balochistan Assembly was prorogued on Wednesday after holding debate on issues at Pak-Afghan border in Chaman as…
ISLAMABAD, August 12, 2020: Traders disregarded the official prices of pulses in around two-thirds of the surveyed districts, meat in more than half of the regions,…