ISLAMABAD, June 21, 2021: The Senate passed two government bills on Monday and adopted a condolence resolution on the demise of former Senator Usman Khan Kakar, who breathed his last today, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet .
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 5th sitting of 312th session:
- The House met for five hours and 40 minutes.
- The sitting started 04:10 pm against the scheduled time of 04:00 pm.
- The chairman presided over the entire proceedings.
- The deputy chairman was also present.
- The leader of the House attended the entire sitting.
- The leader of the opposition was present for three hours and 10 minutes.
- As many as 43 lawmakers (43 percent) were present at the outset and 12 (12 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, PTI, JI, PML-N, MQMP, ANP, BAP, PML-F, PML-Q and JUIP attended the sitting.
- Two out of four minority lawmakers were also present.
- Chairman Standing Committee on Interior presented report on the Pakistan Arms (Amendment) Bill, 2021.
- The House passed two government members’ bills including the Domestic Violence (Prevention and Protection) Bill, 2021 and the Islamabad Capital Territory Senior Citizens Bill, 2021.
- The House adopted a supplementary resolution to condole the death of former Senator Usman Khan Kakar belonging to PkMAP. Thirty-seven lawmakers including the leaders of the House and the opposition highlighted the political career of deceased Senator during condolence reference and spoke for two hours and five minutes.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Eleven lawmakers participated in the budget discussion consuming two hours and 15 minutes of the proceedings.
Order and Institutionalization
- The opposition lawmakers walked out from the house for twelve minutes against non-consideration of a private member’s bill related to welfare of senior citizens.
- The women lawmakers protested for five minutes in front the Chair’s dais against remarks of a JUIP lawmaker about one of their colleague.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 04:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on Senate website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, September 22, 2021: The National Assembly left almost entire agenda unaddressed on Wednesday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on Tuesday and unanimously adopted a resolution to pay tribute to Hazrat Shah Abdul…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The National Assembly left almost two-third agenda unaddressed on private members’ day and referred five legislative proposals to the relevant committees,…