ISLAMABAD, October 19, 2020: The Senate left its entire agenda unaddressed on Private Members’ Day and consumed major portion of the proceedings in debate on political issues raised through Points of Order, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Monday.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during the second sitting of 304th session:
- The Senate met for two hours and 25 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1605 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire proceedings.
- The Deputy Chairman was not present.
- The Leader of the House attended the entire sitting while the Opposition leader was present for an hour and 56 minutes.
- As many as 29 lawmakers (28%) were present at the outset and 32 (31%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML-N, PPPP, JI, PkMAP, PTI and NP attended the sitting.
- Two minority lawmakers were present.
- The House did not consider legislative business, five motions under Rule 259 and as many resolutions.
Order and Institutionalization
- Twelve lawmakers and Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs spoke on point of order for two hours and 16 minutes which were related to political developments in the country.
- The Session was adjourned to meet again on October 20, 2020 (Tuesday) at 1600 hours.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, December 2, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted a resolution and witnessed the introduction of two government bills on Wednesday, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, November 30, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan met for only four minutes on Monday as the Speaker adjourned the sitting due to low…
ISLAMABAD, November 27, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly on Friday adopted five private members’ resolutions and discussed an adjournment motion related to murder of a political…