ISLAMABAD, January 2, 2020: The Senate debated a motion of thanks on Thursday to express its gratitude to the President for his address to both the Houses assembled together on September 12, 2019, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the second sitting of 295th session:
- The House met for an hour and 36 minutes.
- The sitting started at the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman was not present.
- The Leader of the House attended the entire sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present 53 minutes.
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 14 lawmakers (13%) were present at the outset and 20 (19%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PTI, PkMAP, BAP, JI, NP and PML-N attended the sitting.
- As many as two out of four minority lawmakers were present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as six lawmakers participated in a debate on a motion of thanks to express gratitude to the President for his address to both the Houses assembled together on September 12, 2019. The debate continued for an hour and 28 minutes.
- Minister for Human Rights moved a motion under Rule 157 (2) to discuss the Annual Report of the National Commission on the Status of Women for the year 2017.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on January 3, 2020 (Friday) at 1530 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, December 4, 2020: The Sindh Assembly did not take up its regular business on Friday to express condolence over the demise of…
TDEA-FAFEN releases first monthly COVID-19 response monitoring report ISLAMABAD, December 4, 2020: With the emergence of the second wave of the novel Coronavirus, the country…
ISLAMABAD, December 4, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Friday and witnessed introduction of three government bills, observes Free…