ISLAMABAD, December 16, 2015: The Upper House of Parliament on Wednesday suspended its regular agenda and paid homage to martyrs of Army Public School (APS) during the third sitting of its 122nd session, says Free and Fair Election Network in its daily factsheet.
Sixteen (15%) legislators were present at the start and 20 (19%) at the time of adjournment of the sitting.
The House adopted a resolution to honor APS martyrs and discussed their sacrifices for more than 90 percent (227 minutes) of the sitting time.
Some key observations are as follows:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Senate met for four hours and 10 minutes.
- The sitting started at the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- Chairman did not attend the sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman presided over the sitting for two hours and 59 minutes while rest of the proceeding was chaired by a member of panel of Chairperson.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for 69 minutes while Leader of the Opposition was present for three and 10 minutes.
- Prime Minister did not attend the sitting.
- Sixteen (15%) senators were present at the start and 20 (19%) at the time of adjournment.
- Parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, BNP-M, PTI, MQM, PPPP, NP, PML-F and JI were present.
- One minority member was present.
- The House adopted a resolution to pay homage to martyrs of Army Public School (APS). Twenty-nine lawmakers – PML-N (11), PPPP (6), PkMAP, ANP, NP, PTI (2 each) and one each of JI, PML, BNP-M and JUI-F spoke on it for 227 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The entire Opposition staged a walk out for two minutes over non-implementation on National Action Plan.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to observers and media.
To download the Factsheet, click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, April 5, 2021: The Senate transacted its entre agenda on Monday and adopted a private member’s resolution demanding the government to provide free…
ISLAMABAD, March 12, 2021: The Senate on Friday elected its Chairman and Deputy Chairman during first day of the new parliamentary year, while 48 Senators…
ISLAMABAD, March 11, 2021: The Senate completed its 18th Parliamentary Year on Thursday after the conclusion of 308th session, observes Free and Fair Election Network…