ISLAMABAD, August 30, 2019: The Senate transacted its entire business on Friday and unanimously adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn Indian atrocities in Occupied Jammu and Kashmir, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the second sitting of 293rd session:
- The House met for an hour and 49 minutes.
- The sitting started at the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman was not present.
- The Leaders of the House attended the entire sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for an hour and 18 minutes.
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 19 lawmakers (18%) were present at the outset and 37 (36%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, JI, PkMAP, JUI-F and PTI attended the sitting.
- Two out of four minority lawmakers were also present.
- Tabled by the Leader of the House, the House unanimously adopted a resolution to condemn atrocities in Indian Occupied Kashmir (IOK).
- Ten reports of the various Standing Committees, on matters referred to them, were presented in the House.
- The Leader of the House presented the Third Quarterly Report for the year 2018-2019 of the Board of Directors of the State Bank of Pakistan on the state of Pakistan’s Economy and 2nd Biannual Monitoring Report on the implementation of NFC Award (January – June, 2018).
Representation and Responsiveness
- Eight lawmakers participated in the discussion about current situation in IOK and spoke for an hour and 29 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on September 2, 2019 (Monday) at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, February 25, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab did not consider seven resolutions appearing on the agenda and referred one private member’s bill…
ISLAMABAD, February 25, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) was adjourned early on Tuesday without addressing questions and Call Attention Notices included in the…
ISLAMABAD, February 24, 2020: The requisitioned session of Provincial Assembly of Punjab started debate on price control and law and order situation on Monday, observes Free…