ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Senate transacted its entire agenda on Friday and discussed presidential address to the Parliament, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet
Following are key observations of the proceedings during the first sitting of 314th session:
- The Senate met for two hours and 22 minutes.
- The sitting started at 10:37 am against the scheduled time of 10:30 am.
- The Chairman presided over the entire proceedings.
- The Deputy Chairman was also present.
- The leader of the house attended the entire sitting.
- The opposition leader was not present.
- As many as 23 lawmakers (23%) were present at the outset and 29 (29%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, JI and PKMAP attended the sitting.
- Two out of four minority lawmaker were present.
- The House witnessed presentation of four statutory reports and eights reports by various Committees on matters and legislative proposals referred to them.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up seven out of 12 starred questions. In addition, lawmakers asked 15 supplementary questions.
- Four lawmakers including the leader of the house and Minister of state for parliamentary affairs participated in debate on a Motion of Thanks to the President for his address to the Parliament. They spoke on it for 54 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- Seven lawmakers spoke on as many points of public importance for 17 minutes.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on September 27, 2021 (Monday) at 03:30 pm.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, October 15, 2021: The National Assembly was adjourned on Friday due to lack of quorum amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and…
ISLAMABAD, October 14, 2021: The National Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Thursday paying tributes to late nuclear scientist Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, October 4, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Monday in the absence of leaders of the House and…