ISLAMABAD, June 16, 2016: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh continued general discussion on the Provincial Budget for Financial Year 2016-17 on Thursday during 4th sitting of its 25th session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Sindh Assembly met for four hours and 25 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1141 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for two hours and 36 minutes; the Deputy Speaker presided for 53 minutes while the remaining proceeding (56 minutes) was chaired by a member of panel of Chairpersons.
- The Chief Minister was absent.
- The Opposition Leader attended the sitting for three hours and 55 minutes.
- Forty seven lawmakers (28%) were present at the start and 56 (34%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary Leaders of PPPP, MQM, PML-F, PML-N, NPP and PTI were present.
- Seven minority members were present.
- One member applied for leave.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Eighteen lawmakers took part in general discussion on Budget consuming three hours and 56 minutes of the proceeding.
Order and Institutionalization
- Four Points of Order consumed six minutes of the proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, November 26, 2021: The Sindh Assembly passed the Sindh Local Government (Amendment) Bill, 2021 amid opposition’s protest on Friday, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, November 25, 2021: The Sindh Assembly transacted entire agenda and passed three government bills on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, November 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left its entire agenda unaddressed except question hour on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…