ISLAMABAD, July 12, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh met for one minute on Friday as the Deputy Speaker adjourned the sitting due to less attendance of the lawmakers, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 16th sitting of the 5th session:
- The House met for one minute. Earlier, the 13th sitting of the same session on June 28, 2019 continued for one minute.
- The sitting started at 1445 hours against the scheduled time of 1430 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the sitting while the Speaker did not attend the proceedings.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the proceedings.
- As many as 5 MPAs (3%) were present at outset and at the adjournment of the sitting.
- None of the Parliamentary Leader of political parties in the House attended the proceedings.
- One out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not take up any of the agenda item appearing on `Orders of the Day’.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on July 15, 2019 (Monday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, April 13, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted 80% of its agenda and adjourned due to lack of quorum, says Free…
ISLAMABAD, April 12, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills and adopted three supplementary resolutions, says Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, April 11, 2021: NA-75 Sialkot-IV (Daska) by-election held on April 10, 2021 witnessed low incidences of electoral violations as procedures were generally transparent and…