ISLAMABAD, July 12, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh met for one minute on Friday as the Deputy Speaker adjourned the sitting due to less attendance of the lawmakers, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 16th sitting of the 5th session:
- The House met for one minute. Earlier, the 13th sitting of the same session on June 28, 2019 continued for one minute.
- The sitting started at 1445 hours against the scheduled time of 1430 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the sitting while the Speaker did not attend the proceedings.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the proceedings.
- As many as 5 MPAs (3%) were present at outset and at the adjournment of the sitting.
- None of the Parliamentary Leader of political parties in the House attended the proceedings.
- One out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not take up any of the agenda item appearing on `Orders of the Day’.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on July 15, 2019 (Monday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, January 28, 2020: The Senate transacted most of its agenda on Tuesday and adopted a report of the Standing Committee on Information Technology and…
ISLAMABAD, January 28, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab, on Tuesday, left half of the Private Members’ agenda unaddressed due absence of the movers and…
ISLAMABAD, January 27, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab suspended its regular agenda on Monday to discuss privilege motion of Deputy Speaker against alleged misconduct of…