ISLAMABAD, January 6, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left most of its agenda unaddressed on Wednesday and unanimously adopted a resolution to condemn attack on Hazara Community in Balochistan, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during first sitting of the 17th session:
- The House met for two hours and 11 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1530 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the proceedings for an hour and 26 minutes while the remaining sitting was chaired by a Member of Panel of Chairpersons.
- The Deputy Speaker was not present.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for an hour and two minutes.
- As many as 56 MPAs (33%) were present at the outset and 52 (31%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MMAP, TLP, PTI and GDA attended the sitting.
- As many as seven out of nine minority lawmakers were also present.
- The House did not consider two government bills, five Calling Attention Notices, a privilege motion and an adjournment motion.
- The House unanimously adopted a joint resolution to condemn killing of coal miners in Balochistan belonging to Hazara Community. Eight lawmakers spoke about it for 52 minutes.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up three out of 35 starred questions while lawmakers also asked 19 supplementary questions.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on January 7, 2021 (Thursday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 27, 2021: The National Assembly did not take up any agenda item on Monday except question hour due to lack of quorum, observes…
ISLAMABAD, September 27, 2021: The Senate passed four private members' bills and referred 12 bills to the relevant committees after their introduction in the House,…
ISLAMABAD, September 27, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab passed two government bills and referred six bills to relevant committees after their introduction in the…