ISLAMABAD, August 5, 2019: The Sindh Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Monday to condemn elimination of special status to Indian Held Kashmir (IHK) by the Indian government after the revocation of Article 370 of its Constitution through Presidential Order, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 20th sitting of the 5th session:
- The House met for two hours and 53 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1550 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for an hour while rest of the sitting was chaired by the Deputy Speaker.
- The Leader of the House was present for 13 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the proceedings for two hours and eight minutes.
- As many as 58 MPAs (35%) were present at outset and 48 (29%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of TLP, MMAP, PTI, GDA and PPPP attended the proceedings.
- Eight out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House unanimously adopted a resolution to condemn elimination of special status to Indian occupied Jammu and Kashmir by the Indian government after the revocation of Article 370 of its Constitution through Presidential Order. Nineteen lawmakers debated this resolution for two hours and eight minutes.
- The House suspended the regular agenda to discuss Indian atrocities in Occupied Kashmir.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on August 06, 2019 (Tuesday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Budget Session Prorogued after PM Speech ISLAMABAD, June 30, 2020: The National Assembly concluded its budget session on Tuesday after speech of Prime Minister in…
ISLAMABAD, June 29, 2020: The Budget Session of Sindh Assembly concluded here on Monday and the last sitting transacted entire agenda appearing on `Orders of the…