ISLAMABAD, March 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly deferred its regular agenda on Wednesday to express condolence over the demise of PPPP lawmaker Bashir Ahmed who passed away last day, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during first sitting of 19th session:
- The Assembly met for 46 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1135 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was present.
- Chief Minister was absent while the Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for 35 minutes.
- Thirty-six legislators (21%) were present at the outset and 52 (31%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary Leaders of TLP, MMAP, PTI and PPPP attended the proceedings while the Parliamentary Leaders of GDA and MQMP were absent.
- Six out of nine minority lawmakers were present.
- Tabled by the Minister for Agriculture, the House adopted a supplementary resolution to express condolence over the demise of PPPP lawmaker Bashir Ahmed who was elected from PS-70 Badin-I. As many as six lawmakers – PPPP (four), MQMP and GDA (one each) – spoke on it for 16 minutes and highlighted the political career of deceased lawmaker.
- Moved by the Minister for Parliamentary Affairs, the House adopted a motion to defer the entire business of the House.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on March 25, 2021 (Thursday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceeding conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF)– a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 27, 2021: The National Assembly did not take up any agenda item on Monday except question hour due to lack of quorum, observes…
ISLAMABAD, September 27, 2021: The Senate passed four private members' bills and referred 12 bills to the relevant committees after their introduction in the House,…
ISLAMABAD, September 27, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab passed two government bills and referred six bills to relevant committees after their introduction in the…