ISLAMABAD, June 3, 2020: The Sindh Assembly did not take up its regular business on Wednesday to express condolence over the death of Minister for Human Settlement Ghulam Murtaza Baloch, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are the key observations of the House proceedings during the first sitting of the ninth session:
- The House met for an hour and 27 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1208 hours against the scheduled time of 1100 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition attended the entire proceedings.
- As many as 47 MPAs (27%) were present at the outset and 59 (35%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MMA, and GDA attended the proceedings.
- Four out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House adopted a resolution to express condolence over demise of Minister for Human Settlement Ghulam Murtaza Baloch who passed away yesterday after contracting the coronavirus. Fifteen lawmakers spoke on it for an hour and paid tributes to political struggle of deceased lawmaker.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House did not observe Questions Hour.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 4, 2020 (Thursday) at 1100 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of the lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, January 18, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted most of its agenda on Monday and passed three government bills, observes Free…
Senate Discusses Economic Situation, Gilgit-Baltistan Elections Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, January 18, 2021: The Senate on Monday discussed economic situation of the country and recently held…