ISLAMABAD, May 15, 2018: The Sindh Assembly continued general discussion on the provincial Annual Budget 2018-19 on Tuesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during fourth sitting of the 40th session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for three hours and 29 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1205 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for an hour and 45 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of the proceedings.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) attended the sitting for 40 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 29 (17%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 41 (24%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of MQM and PML-F attended the sitting.
- Eight minority lawmakers were also present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Nine lawmakers took part in the budget discussion consuming three hours and six minutes of the proceedings.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again tomorrow (Wednesday) at 1000 hours.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, January 25, 2021: The Sindh Assembly’s 17th session was prorogued sine die on Monday without transacting any business, observes Free and Fair Election Network…
ISLAMABAD, January 18, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh could not address most of its agenda on Monday due to the protest of treasury and…
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed two government bills and took up five Call Attention Notices (CANs) on Friday, observes Free…