ISLAMABAD, May 15, 2018: The Sindh Assembly continued general discussion on the provincial Annual Budget 2018-19 on Tuesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during fourth sitting of the 40th session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for three hours and 29 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1205 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for an hour and 45 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of the proceedings.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) attended the sitting for 40 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 29 (17%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 41 (24%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of MQM and PML-F attended the sitting.
- Eight minority lawmakers were also present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Nine lawmakers took part in the budget discussion consuming three hours and six minutes of the proceedings.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again tomorrow (Wednesday) at 1000 hours.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, April 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly was adjourned on Wednesday without taking up any agenda item except question hour due to exchange of harsh…
Session Prorogued for an Indefinite Period ISLAMABAD, March 29, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed three government bills and took up three Call Attention…
ISLAMABAD, March 26, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh left its regular agenda unaddressed except question hour on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network…