ISLAMABAD, June 24, 2016: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh continued the general discussion on Provincial Budget for Financial Year 2016-17 on Friday during ninth sitting of 25th session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
- The Sindh Assembly met for four hours and 12 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1512 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker chaired the sitting for three hours and 19 minutes while rest of the proceeding was chaired by the Deputy Speaker.
- The Chief Minister was present for four hours.
- The Opposition Leader attended the sitting for three hours and 58 minutes.
- The Finance Minister attended the sitting for four hours and ten minutes.
- Forty lawmakers (24%) were present at the start and 90 (55%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary Leaders of PPPP, MQM, PML-F, PML-N and PTI were present.
- Seven minority members were present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Leader of Opposition and the Finance Minister made their concluding remarks during windup speeches on the Provincial Budget for Fiscal Year 2016-2017 consuming three hours and 53 minutes of the proceeding.
Order and Institutionalization
- One Point Of Order consumed one minute of the proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, January 18, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh could not address most of its agenda on Monday due to the protest of treasury and…
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed two government bills and took up five Call Attention Notices (CANs) on Friday, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, January 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh addressed most of its agenda on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its…