ISLAMABAD, June 23, 2016: The general discussion on Provincial Budget for Financial Year 2016-17 continued in Sindh Assembly consuming three hours and one minute (76%) of sitting time during 8th sitting of its 25th session on Thursday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
- The Sindh Assembly met for three hours and 57 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1530 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker and chaired the sitting for three hours and 27 minutes while rest of the proceeding was presided by the Deputy Speaker.
- The Chief Minister was present for three hours and 45 minutes.
- The Opposition Leader attended the sitting for three hours and 51 minutes.
- The Finance Minister attended the entire sitting.
- Eighty one lawmakers (49%) were present at the start and 111 (68%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary Leaders of PPPP, MQM, PML-F and PTI were present.
- Six minority members were present.
- Two members applied for leave.
- Tabled by the Minister for Parliamentary Affairs, the House unanimously adopted a joint resolution to condemn the murder of renowned Qawal Amjad Sabri. The resolution consumed five minutes of the proceeding.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Two lawmakers – the Minister for Parliamentary Affairs and the Leader of Opposition – took part in general discussion on Budget 2016-17 consuming three hours and one minute of the proceeding.
Order and Institutionalization
- Two Points of Order consumed two minutes of the proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, July 12, 2021: The Punjab Assembly was adjourned without addressing its regular business due to lack of quorum on Monday, observes Free and Fair…
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, July 5, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed six government bills and adopted a resolution on Monday, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, July 2, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed four government bills on Friday and admitted an adjournment motion for debate, observes Free and…