- Session Prorogued
ISLAMABAD, August 16, 2018: The Sindh Assembly on Thursday elected the Leader of the House, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings of the third and last sitting of the first session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for four hours and 14 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1107 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- One hundred and fifty-six (94% of the total membership) members were present at the start and 135 (81%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- A newly elected member took the oath and signed roll of the members.
- As many as 158 members voted in the election of the Chief Minister.
- Eight minority lawmakers were also present.
Election of the Chief Minister
- The PPPP nominee Syed Murad Ali Shah defeated Muhammad Shaharyar Khan of Grand Democratic Alliance (GDA) as he secured 97 votes. The GDA nominee received 61 votes during balloting at the Sindh Assembly.
Order and Institutionalization
- Twenty-four lawmakers made felicitation speeches for an hour and 42 minutes following the election of Chief Minister. The Leader of the House also addressed the House for 70 minutes.
- Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance was recorded and available to observers and media.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 21, 2020: The Sindh Assembly adopted a resolution on Wednesday condemning the Pakistan Islands Development Authority Ordinance and demanded the federal…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, August 24, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh transacted its entire agenda and passed the Sindh Finance (Amendment) Bill, 2020 on Monday, observes…
ISLAMABAD, August 21, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed five government bills and adopted a supplementary resolution on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election…