ISLAMABAD, February 26, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh transacted one-fourth of its agenda and was adjourned earlier without considering legislative business, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Friday.
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during second sitting of 18th session:
- The Assembly met for an hour and 39 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1131 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire proceedings.
- The Deputy Speaker was present.
- The Leader of the House was absent while the Opposition Leader attended the sitting for 39 minutes.
- Sixty-one legislators (36%) were present at the outset and 28 (27%) at the end of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of TLP, MQM, PTI and PPPP attended the proceedings.
- Seven out of nine minority lawmakers were present.
- The House did not consider legislative business, an adjourned motion and a privilege motion.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up four out of five starred questions. In addition, the lawmakers asked 26 supplementary questions.
- The House took up two Calling Attention Notices (CANs) which were related to increase in wheat price and delay in construction of development infrastructure in Karachi.
- Two another CANs on the agenda were not taken up while one was deferred.
Order and Institutionalization
- PPPP lawmakers protested for seven minutes on the statement of PTI Lawmaker about increase of dog bite cases in Karachi.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on March 1, 2021 (Monday) at 1100 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceeding conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab was adjourned on Friday due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly transacted entire agenda and referred two bills to the relevant committee for deliberation, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Senate transacted its entire agenda on Friday and discussed presidential address to the Parliament, says Free and Fair Election Network…