ISLAMABAD, November 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh didn’t take up the private members’ business on Tuesday amidst protest by the lawmakers from both sides of aisle, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daly Factsheet.
Following are the key observations of the House proceedings during 26th sitting of the sixth session:
- The House met for 55 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1605 hours against the scheduled time of 1430 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House did not attend the proceedings.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the proceedings for 26 minutes.
- As many as 52 MPAs (31%) were present at the outset and 75 (45%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP and TLP attended the proceedings.
- Seven out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not take up any of the Private Members’ business appearing on Orders of the Day.
Order and Institutionalization
- Eight lawmakers including the Speaker spoke on points of order for 35 minutes.
- The lawmakers from both sides of aisle protested during the proceedings for 26 minutes and alleged each another for using derogatory language at the end of the sitting last day outside the Assembly’s premises. However, MQM lawmakers left the House at 1642 hours during this protest and did not return till the adjournment of the sitting.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on November 22, 2019 (Friday) at 1430 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of the lawmakers was available to the media and observer.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Budget Session Prorogued after PM Speech ISLAMABAD, June 30, 2020: The National Assembly concluded its budget session on Tuesday after speech of Prime Minister in…
ISLAMABAD, June 29, 2020: The Budget Session of Sindh Assembly concluded here on Monday and the last sitting transacted entire agenda appearing on `Orders of the…