ISLAMABAD, September 23, 2016: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh deferred most of its agenda, including one government bill and a standing committee report on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during third sitting of the 27th session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for one hour and 50 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1023 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister attended the sitting for one hour and 38 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition remained present for 13 minutes.
- Thirty-one lawmakers (18%) were present at the start and 80 (48%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM, PML-F and PTI were present.
- Five minority members also attended the sitting.
- Five members applied for leave.
- Tabled by the Minister for Parliamentary Affairs, the House deferred consideration of the Zulfikarabad Development Authority (Amendment) Bill, 2016 till Monday.
- The House also deferred presentation of a report of the Standing Committee on Education regarding the Karachi Institute of Technology and Entrepreneurship Bill, 2015.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Four out of 18 Starred Questions were responded to by the government. The lawmakers also asked 24 Supplementary Questions.
- An Adjournment Motion remained unaddressed due to mover’s absence.
- Five Calling Attention Notices (CANs) were taken up and responded to by the relevant ministers.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on four Points of Order consuming 15 minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings, conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, May 7, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed two government bills and concluded pre-budget discussion, observes Free and Fair Election Network…
ISLAMABAD, May 6, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh continued pre-budget discussion amid opposition’s protest as well as walkout and eleven lawmakers participated in debate…
ISLAMABAD, May 3, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh continued pre-budget discussion amid opposition’s protest as well as walkout and nine lawmakers participated in debate…