ISLAMABAD, January 12, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh left most of its agenda unaddressed on Tuesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet. .
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during fifth sitting of 17th session:
- The Assembly met for an hour and 47 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1508 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was absent.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for an hour and 15 minutes.
- The Leader of Opposition attended the proceedings for 28 minutes.
- Twenty-seven legislators (16%) were present at the outset and 38 (23%) at the end of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of MMAP, TLP and PPPP attended the proceedings.
- Seven out of eight minority lawmakers were present.
- Chairman Standing Committee on Irrigation presented report on the Sindh Water Management (Amendment) Bill, 2018.
- The House did not consider two private members’ bills, five private resolutions and as many private motions and proposed amendments in Rules of Procedure of the Provincial Assembly of Sindh.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up four out of six starred questions. The lawmakers asked 21 supplementary questions as well.
- An MMAP lawmaker withdrew his adjournment motion regarding provision of employment opportunities to the youth of province.
- Chief Minister gave a statement for 20 minutes about shortage of gas in the province.
Order and Institutionalization
- PTI lawmakers protested for three minutes when the Chair did not allow the Leader of the Opposition to respond the statement of Chief Minister.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on January 13, 2021 (Wednesday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceeding conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF)– a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda and discussed an adjournment motion about impact of Afghanistan situation on…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh met for two minutes on Tuesday as the speaker adjourned the sitting due to less attendance…
ISLAMABAD, September 13, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left 73 percent agenda unaddressed and took up two calling attention notices on Monday, observes Free and Fair…