ISLAMABAD, August 29, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh met for one minute on Thursday as the Speaker adjourned the sitting due to less attendance of the lawmakers, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 31th sitting of the fifth session:
- The House met for one minute.
- The sitting started at 1525 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leaders of the House and Opposition did not attend the proceedings.
- As many as 14 MPAs (8%) were present at outset and at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary Leaders of TLP and PPPP attended the proceedings.
- One out of nine minority lawmakers attended the proceedings.
- The House did not take up any of the agenda item appearing on `Orders of the Day’.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on September 02, 2019 (Monday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 22, 2021: The National Assembly left almost entire agenda unaddressed on Wednesday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on Tuesday and unanimously adopted a resolution to pay tribute to Hazrat Shah Abdul…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The National Assembly left almost two-third agenda unaddressed on private members’ day and referred five legislative proposals to the relevant committees,…