ISLAMABAD, September 27, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh met for only one minute on Friday as the Speaker adjourned the sitting due to less attendance of the lawmakers, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during seventh sitting of the 6th session:
- The House met for one minute.
- The sitting started at 1525 hours against the scheduled time of 1430 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as ten lawmakers (6%) were present at the outset and as many at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of PPPP attended the sitting.
- One out of nine minority lawmakers was present.
- The House did not take up any of the agenda item appearing on ‘Orders of the Day’. The agenda of the House included five Call Attention Notices, a government bill, a report of the standing committee, a Privilege Motion, and two Adjournment Motions.
Order and Institutionalization
- The Speaker adjourned the House to meet again on September 30, 2019 (Monday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, February 25, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab did not consider seven resolutions appearing on the agenda and referred one private member’s bill…
ISLAMABAD, February 25, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) was adjourned early on Tuesday without addressing questions and Call Attention Notices included in the…
ISLAMABAD, February 24, 2020: The requisitioned session of Provincial Assembly of Punjab started debate on price control and law and order situation on Monday, observes Free…