ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh met for two minutes on Tuesday as the speaker adjourned the sitting due to less attendance of the lawmakers, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during third sitting of 23rd session.
- The House met for two minutes.
- The sitting started at 10:55 am against the scheduled time of 10:00 am.
- The speaker presided over the sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was not present.
- The Leaders of the House and Opposition did not attend the proceedings.
- As many as five MPAs (3%) were present at outset and at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of PPPP attended the proceedings.
- One out of nine minority lawmakers attended the proceedings.
- The House did not consider three private members’ resolutions, two legislative proposals and a motion seeking leave for introduction of ten private members’ bills.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House neither observed question hour nor considered an adjournment motion regarding local body system in the province.
- A privilege motion of PTI lawmaker against Secretary and Director Labor and Human Resources Department was not taken up.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on September 17, 2021 (Friday) at 10:00 am.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The National Assembly left 95 percent agenda unaddressed on Monday amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and the Opposition,…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Sindh Assembly took up entire agenda and adopted one resolution on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…