ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2016: The Sindh Assembly continues general discussion on Provincial Budget for Financial Year 2016-17 during 7th sitting of its 25th session on Wednesday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Sindh Assembly met for five hours and 20 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1112 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker and the Deputy Speaker presided over the sitting for two hours and nine minutes each while rest of the proceeding was chaired by a Member of Panel of Chairpersons.
- The Chief Minister was present for 52 minutes.
- The Opposition Leader attended the sitting for three hours 41 minutes.
- The Finance Minister attended the sitting for five hours and five minutes.
- Thirty-eight lawmakers (23%) were present at the start and 81 (49%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary Leaders of PPPP, MQM, PML-F, PML-N, NPP and PTI were present.
- Six minority members were present.
- One member applied for leave.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Nine lawmakers – PPPP (7), MQM & PML-F (one each) – took part in general discussion on Budget consuming four hours and 49 minutes of the proceeding.
Order and Institutionalization
- Ten Points of Order consumed twelve minutes of the proceeding.
- Lawmakers belonging to PML-F and PML-N protested for 14 minutes against unwarranted remarks of Provincial Minister for Transport.
- MQM lawmakers staged a protest for three minutes against provocative remarks of Minister for Health.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on Tuesday and unanimously adopted a resolution to pay tribute to Hazrat Shah Abdul…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Sindh Assembly took up entire agenda and adopted one resolution on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Sindh Assembly deferred 62 percent agenda and adopted two resolutions on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…