ISLAMABAD, January 09, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh was adjourned on Wednesday without addressing its scheduled business in honour of the late lawmaker Muhammad Wajahat, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of proceedings during first sitting of the fourth session:
- The Assembly met for half an hour.
- The sitting started at 1550 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leaders of the House and Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- As many as 100 lawmakers (61%) were present at outset and 121 lawmakers (73%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, PTI, MQMP, TLP and MMAP attended the sitting.
- As many as six out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not take up its scheduled business.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House offered its condolences and prayers for MQMP MPA who had died on November 27, 2018 after a brief illness.
- Moved by the Minister for Parliamentary Affairs, the House adjourned the sitting without transacting any agenda in honour of the deceased lawmaker.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on January 10, 2019 (Thursday) at 1000 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Seven of Worst-Hit Countries have their Parliaments in Session to handle Pandemic ISLAMABAD, March 24, 2020: The Parliament and the provincial assemblies should take center…
77% Lawmakers Remain Inactive during Session ISLAMABAD, March 14, 2020: The Punjab Assembly left 68 percent of its scheduled business unaddressed during its 20th session…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, March 13, 2020: The National Assembly did not take up its regular agenda on Friday and discussed the government strategy to avoid…