ISLAMABAD, July 27, 2017: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed the Sindh Forensic Science Agency Bill, 2017 on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during fourth sitting of the 35th session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for two hours and 34 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1155 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) attended the sitting for an hour and 28 minutes while the Leader of the Opposition was present for 28 minutes.
- Forty-five (27%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 62 (37%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM and PML-F attended the sitting.
- Six minority members were also present.
- Chairman of the Standing Committee on Home presented the report of the committee on the Sindh Forensic Science Agency Bill, 2017.
- The House passed the Sindh Forensic Science Agency Bill, 2017. Two lawmakers spoke on the bill for two minutes.
- The House adopted two supplementary resolutions paying tribute to former President Asif Ali Zardari on his 62nd birthday and condemning the incident of rape in Multan.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up five out of six starred questions for answers during the proceedings. The lawmakers asked 30 supplementary questions as well.
- The House took up five Calling Attention Notices (CAN) regarding cleanliness in Karachi West and Thatta, deforestation, shortage of water in PS-101 and illegal constructions in Karachi. A CAN regarding illegal constructions in Khairpur was deferred due to absence of the concerned minister while the remaining two CANs were left unaddressed by the House.
Order and Institutionalization
- A lawmaker raised a Point of Order consuming four minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 21, 2020: The Sindh Assembly adopted a resolution on Wednesday condemning the Pakistan Islands Development Authority Ordinance and demanded the federal…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, August 24, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh transacted its entire agenda and passed the Sindh Finance (Amendment) Bill, 2020 on Monday, observes…
ISLAMABAD, August 21, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed five government bills and adopted a supplementary resolution on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election…