ISLAMABAD, May 15, 2017: The Sindh Assembly passed the Sukkur IBA University Bill, 2017 and adopted a resolution paying tribute to saint Lal Shahbaz Qalandar on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during 15th sitting of the 32nd session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for three hours and 43 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1146 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for two hours and 21 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of the proceedings.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) did not attend the sitting while the Leader of the Opposition was present for 59 minutes.
- Thirty-five lawmakers (21%) were present at outset while 60 (25%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM, NPP, PML-F and PTI attended the sitting.
- Six minority members were present.
- The House adopted a supplementary resolution paying tribute to saint Lal Shahbaz Qalanadar.
- Moved by Minister for Parliamentary Affairs, the House passed the Sukkur IBA University Bill, 2017.
- The Z. A. Bhutto Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases Bill, 2017 was deferred due to lack of time.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up four Starred Questions which were responded to by the relevant minister. The lawmakers also asked 22 Supplementary Questions.
- The ministers made statements on three Call Attention Notices (CANs) regarding issues of roads and sewerage in PS-46, incident of terrorism in Karachi and construction of multi-storey buildings. The two CANs were not taken up due to absence of movers.
- The Chair declared an Adjournment Motion and a Privilege Motion out of order.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on five Points of Order consuming 20 minutes of the sitting.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 27, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left half of its agenda unaddressed on Monday due to the absence of relevant lawmakers, observes…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly transacted entire agenda and referred two bills to the relevant committee for deliberation, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on Tuesday and unanimously adopted a resolution to pay tribute to Hazrat Shah Abdul…