ISLAMABAD, February 23, 2018: The Sindh Assembly’s proceedings were adjourned on Friday without taking up the scheduled business in honour of the late lawmaker Mir Hazar Khan Bijarani, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during first sitting of the 38th session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for 48 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1120 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the sitting for an hour and 51 while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of the proceedings.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) attended the sitting for 15 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- As many as 35 (21%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 48 (29%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of MQM, PML-N and PML-F attended the sitting.
- As many as four minority lawmakers were also present.
- The House unanimously adopted a supplementary resolution paying homage to the deceased lawmaker Mir Hazar Khan Bijarani.
- The House did not take up its scheduled business.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers did not raise any Point of Order.
- The House observed a minute of silence in honour of the late mother of parliamentary leader of PML-F.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Monday, February 26, 2018 at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly transacted entire agenda and referred two bills to the relevant committee for deliberation, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on Tuesday and unanimously adopted a resolution to pay tribute to Hazrat Shah Abdul…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Sindh Assembly took up entire agenda and adopted one resolution on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…