ISLAMABAD, November 20, 2017: The Sindh Assembly did not take up its regular agenda on Monday and was adjourned soon after eulogizing the services of PPP leader Makhdoom Amin Fahim on the occasion of his death anniversary, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 12th sitting of the 36th session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for nineteen minutes.
- The sitting started at 1056 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 26 (16%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 32 (19%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, PML-F, PML-N, PTI and MQM attended the sitting.
- Four minority members were present.
- None of the member applied for leave.
- The House did not took up the Sindh Livestock Registration and Trade Authority Bill, 2017.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House offered Dua for late PPP leader Makhdoom Amin Fahim on occasion of his second death anniversary.
- The House did not address an Adjournment Motion and five Call Attention Notices (CANs) while Question Hour was not observed.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, November 26, 2021: The Sindh Assembly passed the Sindh Local Government (Amendment) Bill, 2021 amid opposition’s protest on Friday, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, November 25, 2021: The Sindh Assembly transacted entire agenda and passed three government bills on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, November 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left its entire agenda unaddressed except question hour on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…