ISLAMABAD, December 20, 2019: The sixth session of Sindh Assembly was prorogued sine die on Friday leaving entire regular business unaddressed except Question Hour, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are the key observations of the House proceedings during last (38th) sitting of the sixth session:
- The House met for an hour and 16 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1540 hours against the scheduled time of 1430 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting in absence of the Speaker.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 51(31%) MPAs were present at the outset and 66(40%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, TLP and MMAP attended the proceedings.
- Seven out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not consider any business appearing on its agenda which included eight Call Attention Notices, two Adjournment Motions and a report of the standing committee on a legislative proposal.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up five out of nine starred questions appearing on the list while the lawmakers asked 32 supplementary questions as well.
Order and Institutionalization
- The session was prorogued sine die.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of the lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, April 23, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted three supplementary resolutions and witnessed introduction of a government bill on Friday, says…
ISLAMABAD, April 23, 2021: The Sindh Assembly on Friday addressed its 60 percent agenda and passed two government bills, observes Free and Fair Election Network…
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, April 23, 2021: The 32nd session of the National Assembly (NA) was prorogued on Friday without transacting its agenda amid protest of…