ISLAMABAD, February 25, 2013: The Sindh Assembly Deputy Speaker adjourned the sitting till Wednesday due to lack of quorum as only two Members were present.
With the session staring 45 minutes late only two members were observed to be present.
The Deputy Speaker presided over the entre sitting that lasted five minutes only.
With the exception of the Deputy Speaker all the key Members and parliamentary leaders were absent.
Following are some key observations of the parliamentary business:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Sindh Assembly met for five minutes.
- The sitting started at 1045 hours against the scheduled starting time of 1000 hours, witnessing the delay of 45 minutes.
- Only two Members attended the sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Speaker and Chief Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM, PMLF, NPP, PML, PMLQ, PMLQ (F-B) and ANP were absent.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The assembly sitting was adjourned due to lack of quorum.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and others.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 21, 2020: The Sindh Assembly adopted a resolution on Wednesday condemning the Pakistan Islands Development Authority Ordinance and demanded the federal…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, August 24, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh transacted its entire agenda and passed the Sindh Finance (Amendment) Bill, 2020 on Monday, observes…
ISLAMABAD, August 21, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed five government bills and adopted a supplementary resolution on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election…