ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2013: Starting 38 minutes late, the Sindh Assembly suspended regular agenda of the third sitting to offer Fateha and condolences on the death of a member. Eleven members expressed their views and strongly condemned the assassination.
The sitting lasted 50 minutes before it was adjourned till 0930 hours on Monday, June 24, 2013. A new member also took oath.
Fifty-four members were present at the outset while 52 were there at the time of adjournment. A maximum of 63 members were present at one point of sitting.
The Speaker presided over the entire proceedings. The Deputy Speaker was also present.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Sindh Assembly met for 50 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1438 hours against the scheduled starting time of 1400 hours, witnessing a delay of 38 minutes.
- The Speaker presided over the entire proceedings. The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting while the Leader of the Opposition was present.
- A total of 54 members were present at the outset while 52 were there at the time of adjournment. A maximum of 63 members were present at one point of sitting.
- Six minority members attended the sitting.
- A new member took oath.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House offered Fateha for the deceased member, followed by the condemnation of the murder. Eleven legislators expressed their views about the sad incident.
- The provincial Information Minister moved a motion that no further proceedings be carried out as a token of respect for the departed soul, which was unanimously approved.
Order and Institutionalization
- No point of order raised during the sitting.
- List of Business was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Information of members’ attendance was available to the observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, December 4, 2020: The Sindh Assembly did not take up its regular business on Friday to express condolence over the demise of…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 21, 2020: The Sindh Assembly adopted a resolution on Wednesday condemning the Pakistan Islands Development Authority Ordinance and demanded the federal…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, August 24, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh transacted its entire agenda and passed the Sindh Finance (Amendment) Bill, 2020 on Monday, observes…