ISLAMABAD, June 14, 2017: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh continued the general discussion on the Annual Budget 2017-18 with 13 lawmakers taking part in it on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during seventh sitting of the 33rd session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for six hours and 45 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1130 hours against the scheduled time of 1030 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for five hours and 59 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of the proceedings.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) attended the sitting for five hours and 45 minutes while the Leader of the Opposition was present for three hours and 55 minutes.
- The Finance Minister attended the sitting for five hours and 45 minutes.
- Seventeen (10%) members were present at outset while 54 (32%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM, PML-F and PTI attended the sitting.
- Seven minority members were present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Thirteen lawmakers belonging to PPPP (9) and MQM (4) participated in the debate on Annual Budget 2017-18. The discussion continued for six hours and 11 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- PTI lawmakers staged a protest followed by a token walkout for nine minutes over alleged indecent remarks of a PPPP legislator against a PTI member.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, January 25, 2021: The Sindh Assembly’s 17th session was prorogued sine die on Monday without transacting any business, observes Free and Fair Election Network…
ISLAMABAD, January 18, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh could not address most of its agenda on Monday due to the protest of treasury and…
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed two government bills and took up five Call Attention Notices (CANs) on Friday, observes Free…