ISLAMABAD, August 28, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh addressed its entire agenda appearing on Orders of the Day, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Wednesday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 30th sitting of the fifth session:
- The House met for two hours and 21 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1624 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leaders of the House and Opposition did not attend the proceedings.
- As many as 48 MPAs (29%) were present at outset and 58 (35%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary Leaders of TLP, MMAP, PTI and PPPP attended the proceedings.
- Seven out of nine minority lawmakers attended the proceedings.
- Moved by a PTI lawmaker, the House unanimously adopted a resolution to condole death of a student in swimming pool of a school in Karachi. As many as six lawmakers spoke on it for 35 minutes.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up three out of 12 starred questions related to Culture, Tourism & Antiquities Department. In addition, the lawmakers asked 20 supplementary questions.
- The House took up all five Call Attention Notices (CANs) appearing on the agenda. These CANs were regarding clashes among tribes in district Ghotki, unavailability of drinking water in Karachi, inefficiency of Karachi Water and Sewerage Board, traffic issues in Korangi Karachi-III and sewerage problems in Karachi West.
- A PTI lawmaker withdrew his adjournment motion after assurance of the government to look into the issue of cultivating vegetables by using contaminated water in Karachi.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on August 29, 2019 (Thursday) at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda and discussed an adjournment motion about impact of Afghanistan situation on…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh met for two minutes on Tuesday as the speaker adjourned the sitting due to less attendance…
ISLAMABAD, September 13, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left 73 percent agenda unaddressed and took up two calling attention notices on Monday, observes Free and Fair…