ISLAMABAD, March 9, 2017: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh transacted the entire business appearing on Orders of the Day, in the absence of Deputy Speaker on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during fourth sitting of the 30th session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for two hours and 26 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1114 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The proceedings remained suspended for three minutes due to Azan break.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for two hours while the rest of the proceedings were chaired by a Member of Panel of Chairpersons.
- The Deputy Speaker was absent.
- The Chief Minister attended the proceedings for 26 minutes.
- Leader of the Opposition attended the proceedings for 39 minutes.
- Forty-two lawmakers (25%) were present at the start and 45 (27%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The Parliamentary leaders of MQM and PTI were present.
- Seven minority members also attended the sitting.
- Thirteen members applied for leave.
- The Special Secretary to CM on Minority Affairs presented report of the Standing Committee on Livestock & Fisheries on the Sindh Livestock Breeding Bill, 2016.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Five Starred Questions were taken up and responded to by the relevant ministers. The lawmakers also asked 36 Supplementary Questions.
- The House took up five Call Attention Notices (CANs) on various issues of public importance.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on three Points of Order, consuming 36 minutes of the proceedings.
- The lawmakers belonging to treasury staged a token protest over unwarranted remarks passed by PML-F female lawmaker against the cabinet members.
- A lawmaker belonging to MQM staged a token protest for not including his Privileged Motion in the list of business. Later, the entire opposition walked out of the House at 1338 hours on the same issue and did not return back till the adjournment of sitting.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was not available on website of the Assembly.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings, conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, April 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly was adjourned on Wednesday without taking up any agenda item except question hour due to exchange of harsh…
Session Prorogued for an Indefinite Period ISLAMABAD, March 29, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed three government bills and took up three Call Attention…
ISLAMABAD, March 26, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh left its regular agenda unaddressed except question hour on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network…