ISLAMABAD, April 24, 2017: The Sindh Assembly transacted entire business appearing on Orders of the Day, in the absence of Leader of the House on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during seventh sitting of the 32nd session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for three hours and five minutes.
- The sitting started at1455 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The proceedings were suspended for three minutes for Azaan (call for prayer) break.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for an hour and 51 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of proceedings.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) was not present while the Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for 18 minutes.
- Twenty-six lawmakers (16%) were present at the outset and 32 (19%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The Parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM and PTI attended the proceedings.
- Four minority members were present.
- Four members applied for leave.
- Tabled by PTI lawmaker, the House adopted a resolution to recognize the effort of National Cricketer Younis Khan for completing ten thousand runs in his test career.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up five Starred Questions, which were responded to by the relevant minister. The lawmakers asked 15 Supplementary Questions.
- The relevant ministers made statements on five Call Attention Notices (CANs) appearing on the agenda.
- Five lawmakers belonging to MQM, PML-F and PTI took part in the discussion on Budget Execution Report for 1st and 2nd Quarters, 2016-17. The discussion consumed 40 minutes of the proceedings.
Order and Institutionalization
- A lawmaker spoke on one Point of Order consuming two minutes of the proceedings.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly transacted entire agenda and referred two bills to the relevant committee for deliberation, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on Tuesday and unanimously adopted a resolution to pay tribute to Hazrat Shah Abdul…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Sindh Assembly took up entire agenda and adopted one resolution on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…