ISLAMABAD, December 4, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh transacted entire business appearing on its Orders of the Day on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are the key observations of the House proceedings during 31st sitting of the sixth session:
- The House met for an hour and six minutes.
- The sitting started at 1527 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the proceedings.
- As many as 45 MPAs (27%) were present at the outset and 43 (26%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQMP, MMAP and TLP attended the proceedings.
- Four out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The Minister for Agriculture introduced the Agriculture Produce Markets (Amendment) Bill, 2019.
- The Minister for Excise, Taxation and Narcotics Control presented a periodical report on the implementation of National Finance Commission (NFC) Awards.
- A PPPP lawmaker presented the Election Commission of Pakistan’s Post-Election review report on General Elections 2018.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Minister for Local Government responded to one out of seven starred questions while the lawmakers asked three supplementary questions as well.
- The Ministers concerned responded to two out of five Call Attention Notices (CANs). The responded notices highlighted the issues related to non-functional dialysis machines in Chandka Medical College Hospital, Larkana and increasing incidents of crime in Karachi.
- The Chair rejected an Adjournment Motion of PTI lawmaker regarding reduction in the number of police stations in Karachi.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on December 5, 2019 (Thursday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of the lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, January 24, 2020: The Senate deferred 42 percent of its regular agenda on Friday and discussed a report of the Standing Committee on Rules…
ISLAMABAD, January 24, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab, on Friday, continued discussing the issues concerning Indian atrocities in Kashmir, inflation and security situation in the…
ISLAMABAD, January 23, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab discussed the issues concerning Indian atrocities in Kashmir, inflation and security situation in the country, observes…