ISLAMABAD, November 23, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh was adjourned without addressing its scheduled business amidst lack of quorum on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 10th sitting of the third session:
- The Assembly met for 40 minutes, however the sitting remained suspended for 21 minutes due to lack of quorum.
- The sitting started at 1035 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 38 lawmakers (23%) were present at the outset and 40 (24%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP and MQM-P attended the sitting.
- As many as three out of nine minority lawmakers were present during the proceedings.
- The House did not take up the scheduled business.
Order and Institutionalization
- A GDA lawmaker pointed out the lack of quorum at 1050 that led to the ringing of Assembly bells for five minutes followed by suspension of the proceedings for ten minutes. The quorum was found incomplete again on the resumption of the proceedings.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on November 26, 2018 at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, January 28, 2020: The Senate transacted most of its agenda on Tuesday and adopted a report of the Standing Committee on Information Technology and…
ISLAMABAD, January 28, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab, on Tuesday, left half of the Private Members’ agenda unaddressed due absence of the movers and…
ISLAMABAD, January 27, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab suspended its regular agenda on Monday to discuss privilege motion of Deputy Speaker against alleged misconduct of…