ISLAMABAD, March 8, 2017: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh on Wednesday adopted four resolutions to pay tributes to Pakistani women on the occasion of International Women’s Day, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during third sitting of the 30th session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for three hours and 30 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1101 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The proceedings remain suspended for three minutes due to Azan break.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for two hours and 47 minutes while the rest of the proceedings were chaired by a Member of Panel of Chairpersons.
- The Deputy Speaker was absent.
- The Chief Minister attended the proceedings for 53 minutes.
- Leader of the Opposition attended the proceedings for an hour and 50 minutes.
- Thirty-nine lawmakers (23%) were present at the start and 38 (22%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The Parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM, PML-F and PTI were present.
- Six minority members also attended the sitting.
- Fourteen members applied for leave.
- The House adopted four resolutions to pay tributes to Pakistani women on the occasion of International Women’s Day. The resolutions were individually tabled by PPPP, MQM, PTI and PML-N lawmakers.
- The House passed the Sindh Food Authority Bill, 2016, following the presentation of standing committee report.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Four out of five Starred Questions were taken up and responded to by the relevant ministers. The lawmakers also asked 20 Supplementary Questions.
- The House also took up five Call Attention Notices (CANs) on various issues of public importance.
Order and Institutionalization
- A MQM lawmaker protested for three minutes over the attitude of Minister for Parliamentary Affairs.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was not available on website of the Assembly.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings, conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly transacted entire agenda and referred two bills to the relevant committee for deliberation, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on Tuesday and unanimously adopted a resolution to pay tribute to Hazrat Shah Abdul…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Sindh Assembly took up entire agenda and adopted one resolution on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…