ISLAMABAD, February 02, 2016: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh adopted three private resolutions during 10th sitting of its ongoing 23rd session on Tuesday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Some key observations are as follows:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Sindh Assembly met for two hours and 38 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1053 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- Eight (5%) lawmakers were present at the start and 41 (25%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the sitting for 86 minutes while the Deputy Speaker presided over the remaining proceeding.
- The Chief Minister and Leader of the Opposition were absent.
- Parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM, PML-N, PML-F and PTI attended the sitting.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- One member applied for leave.
- Tabled by MQM lawmakers, the House unanimously adopted three private resolutions. These resolutions were about establishment of new Mental Rehabilitation Centers and Hospitals in Karachi and Sukkur, imposing ban on operation of Afghan Telecom companies in Pakistan and initiating public transport scheme in Karachi city.
- Two other resolutions on the list of business were not considered. The first resolution was about establishing city campus of Model School University of Sindh Jamshoro while the other was to withdraw Orange Line Project in Lahore.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up all six starred questions appearing on the agenda. In addition, lawmakers also asked 23 supplementary questions.
- Sponsored by MQM lawmaker, three members spoke on an Adjournment Motion (AM) for 17 minutes. It was about illegal occupation on KMC land in `Deh Manghopir’ by land mafia.
Order and Institutionalization
- Lawmakers spoke on 11 Points of Order consuming 13 minutes of the proceeding.
- “Orders of the Day” was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Information on legislators’ attendance was available to the observers and the public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 21, 2020: The Sindh Assembly adopted a resolution on Wednesday condemning the Pakistan Islands Development Authority Ordinance and demanded the federal…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, August 24, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh transacted its entire agenda and passed the Sindh Finance (Amendment) Bill, 2020 on Monday, observes…
ISLAMABAD, August 21, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed five government bills and adopted a supplementary resolution on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election…